description: The mission of SFF is to increase global understanding, tolerance and appreciation for both the natural world and different cultures via firsthand experience in a knowledgeable and sensitive format.
It has been said people will only preserve that which they know and understand, and they will know and understand only that which they have personally experienced or learned about. World-wide our cultural and natural heritage are gifts most appreciated and preserved through this kind of personal experience.
Thus Séjours in Flora N Fauna (SFF) was implemented to offer quality active adventures in natural and cultural history with a goal of sustainable preservation of our world's heritage.
Paris Parks & Gardens
Tours: Come on unique fully guided day tours of Paris. Learn about the flora, fauna, history and style of French gardens.
SE France - Cooking Wild Edible Plants: A fully guided mountain retreat with a widely known French ethno-botanist. Learn to identify, collect and cook delicious French cuisine with France's wild edible plants.
Travel/Nature Journal Retreats: Learn the techniques for keeping a travel/nature journal. Learn how to draw and color the plants, animals and landscapes you experience while traveling or hiking. Programs in France and Washington USA.
Brittany- Ecology, Culture & Megaliths: Stay in a beach house just 5 minutes from the beach. Hike the coast, bike to ancient Megalith sites, taste traditional foods, and more.
Pyrenees Trekking- Ecology and Culture: Guided hikes of the French/Spanish Pyrenees National Park. This adventure will introduce you to the amazing Basque culture.
Women's French Adventure: That's right...just the girls on this one! Come for a fun 10 day and 10 night active adventure in Paris and Brittany France with other women adventurers.
we incorporate several things all combined from the fields of ecotourism, environmental education and sustainable business practices. For SFF is means:
- We walk, hike or bike as much as we can and drive as little as possible.
- All printed materials have as much post consumer recycled product in them as possible, and when we can we use 100% recycled paper.
- We utilize the web extensively to reduce the use of printed materials and unnecessary waste.
- All tours, seminars and excursions have an informative component to them and really allow the participant to experience and learn about the local culture, ecology and history rather than just look at it through binoculars.
- Group sizes are kept very small to insure minimal impact on the environment, as well as more personal attention to each participant.
- As many locally community owned businesses as possible are used to ensure the local community benefits the most, this also increases interaction between the participants and the culture being visited.
Our goal isn't to be big and rich, but simple and sustainable. Since 'extra profit' isn't our goal we can maintain more affordable rates for our participants.
& pricing details: please
contact us for further details
1. Inquire if space is available in your preferred tour or study program:
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call or write to us.
2. If there is space available it will be reserved for 15 days during which a full application must be submitted. All applications and forms are due 90 days prior to the start of the tour or study program.
3.Online Application form - $15.00 non-refundable processing fee is made online with the application, but it is deducted from the final cost.
For all day tours and seminars that don't include accommodation total payment is due within 15 days to maintain the reserved space, and no other forms are necessary. We will send you the link for making the payment online via PayPal, or you can mail us an international money order in US$.
For all multi-day adventures that include accommodation:
- A $400.00 deposit per person, or the total cost (which ever is less) is due within 15 days to maintain the reserved space.
- 50% of the program or tour cost is then due 60 days before the start date.
- Final payment (100% minus all fees and deposits) is due 30 days before the start date.
- A liability and medical waiver for EACH participant must be signed and mailed to SFF by the start of the adventure or the participant won't be able to attend.
- Any missing payments or forms means the participant or group may forfeit their reserved space and can then either transfer to a subsequent date or obtain a refund based on the schedule below.
4. We will mail you the links and information for making your payments online. Payments can be made in the following ways:
- By credit card or check online via PayPal to
- An international money order in US$ sent to our office BY the due date.
5. Forms: All applications, forms and international money orders can be mailed to the following address (As is nearest to you:)
SFF, Attn: applications
16 Rue Gramme, 75015 Paris France
SFF, Attn: applications
PO Box 85234, Seattle WA, 98145, USA